Welcome Back!! I hope that everyone had a very pleasant holiday! Please make sure you--
1. Put your Wednesday folder back in your mailbox spot.
2. Take out your agenda, and write down this weeks achieve3000 assignments.
3. Make sure you have a fiction AND a nonfiction book of interest in your book box.
4. Make sure you have pencils to last you through the day.
This morning please tell me something good about your 4 day weekend. Then, take a look at the word meaningful. What do you think this word means? Try and use this word in a sentence that shows you know what it means.
What are the three types of rocks? And what are some characteristics of each?
Please take out your Charlotte's Web notebook. In that notebook, please answer the response question from yesterday and from Friday.
Chapter 7 is titled "Bad News." Based on what we have read in previous chapters, make a prediction about what might happen in chapter 7.
Details: What was Wilbur so upset about in this chapter? And what finally calms him down? Use details from the text in your answer.
If you finish with these questions, look for some new words that you could add to the glossary of your notebook, but don't add them yet :)
Good morning scholars,
Welcome to another week! I can't wait to learn and grow with you!
What will you do to make this week better than last week?
Good Morning, and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!
Tell me something good that happened this week :)
As you are unpacking this morning, be sure you have everything you need! If you are missing your ipod, and you need to prove you can be responsible please see Ms. Furuto.
CHALLENGE: I really love reading, and I hope you do too! I want to challenge you to find a book that is highly interesting, that you haven't read before.... and ALWAYS have it with you! I am accepting this challenge, and I hope you will too! I would GLADLY offer a dojo point for students who accept this challenge, and who can read their books from start to finish. We can talk about this more during our morning meeting.
We will also earn extra points for 25 comments to this post :) Encourage each other to complete their morning work!
Many of you have been asking me when we will begin to use our agendas. Well.... TODAY IS THE DAY! Please grab yourself an agenda and follow the steps below:
1. Write your name, and grade level on the front cover with a sharpie.
2. Fill out the title page with your information.
3. Find THIS WEEK in the agenda
4. In the Monday November 14th English Language Arts box, please write (in your neatest handwriting) the title of the 2 required articles for this week.
5. Bring BOTH your ipod AND your agenda (and a pencil) with you to morning meeting today.
In the comments, tell whether or not you were able to complete last night's extra homework assignment, also tell if you shared your assessment scores with your parents. Feel free to give details.
Good Morning Students,
We have been doing GREAT at Achieve 3000! I am proud of everyone who is able to focus on their work, and complete their articles at 75% or higher. I would like to know what you think is more important--
1. Getting as many articles as possible at 75% (even if that means completing many articles that are below 75% to try and get as many as possible finished)
2. getting a 75% or higher on every article you finish (even if that means not completing very many articles, because you take so long to finish them.)
When answering this question, please be sure to use the RAP strategy. AND encourage your classmates to complete their morning messages too! If we have 25 comments (100% participation) we will be able to earn EXTRA WHOLE CLASS Dojo points!!
Good morning and HAPPY MONDAY! I can't wait to have another AMAZING learning filled week with you all! I am so lucky that I get to teach the best students in the world every day!
What better way to start the week off then by making wishes! POOF! A magic genie has JUST appeared in your room! He offers you 3 wishes, but they MUST follow some simple guidelines:
1. Your first wish needs to be for someone else.
2. Your second wish needs to make the world a better place.
3. Your third wish can be for you!
** You may not wish for more wishes, or for money.
What would you wish for??
When you finish, please check the library and computer schedule to see what you should be doing this morning.
Good Morning Students,
I have been noticing that not everyone has been completing their morning message. I hope that today will be different.
What does the following quote mean to you?
"We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
I can only imagine that there are SEVERAL thoughts circling in your head right now about the election, and what will happen next in our country. I know that several (most) of you feel very strong feelings towards the man who has won the presidency of our nation.
This morning I would like you to take a step back for a moment from how you feel about our new president. I would like you to take some time to think about the word respect.
Respect is a word that we use as a school in our PAWS expectations, and it is also something we have instilled in our social contract. I want you to first think about the following questions, and then
1. What does respect mean?
2. Who deserves respect?
3. Who is responsible for giving respect?
4. What does it mean to respectfully disagree?
5. How should the citizens of our country use respect to build a stronger community regardless of who our president is?
When you finish responding, please use the following QR code to read an article about yesterday's results.
Today our country is voting for several things, the most well known is for the president of the United States of America. Did your parents vote? Did you go with your parents to vote? Why do you think it is so important for citizens to vote?
Please be sure that your answer follows the RAP strategy, and is a 4th grade level answer. Try rereading your answer to check for understanding.